Compaction of sandy/ gravely soil and asphalt.
- Working widths: 650mm
- Centrifugal Forces: 18
- Hatz 1DA1s
- Fully hydraulic
- Engine: Diesel
- Weight: 830kg
Operation and Basic Maintenance tips
- Thickness of layer to be compacted can be up to 200mm on good soil also suitable for asphalt work.
- The soil should be slightly moist (not wet and not dry) throughout the layer.
- 6 to 10 passes with the machine advancing at its normal pace usually give you optimum compaction results.
- Do not over compact the soil.
- Always run the machine at full speed when doing work.
- Ensure that the scraper bars are adjusted correctly and that there is no material build up between scrapers and machine chassis.
Safety Do’s and Don’ts
• Avoid machine hitting against adjacent structures or rocks.
• Never operate machine on solid/hard surfaces.
• Ensure that the dead man handle is working properly
• Don’t sit on machine while operating
• Stop machine before reversing or forward motion.